glibc optimization

Alexander Boulgakov root_excavator at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 15:45:12 PST 2002

Howdy.

Can anyone please explain why the lfs-book (3.2-rc2) warns not to
optimize glibc? Are there bugs? What happens if I optimize? After all,
IMHO glibc has some of the most frequently used functions in the entire
system, so tightening the code as much as possible will have an impact
on the whole system. What is going on? Any fixes? Has anyone tried
this?, etc. I looked in the glibc FAQ and INSTALL and README, and found
no information.

Alex Boulgakov

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org