installing fileutils, distro using glibc 2.2.4

Keith Godin wedge_deston at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 1 13:15:25 PST 2002

I swear, i've tried to find the answer to this question in the
mailing
list archives, on the lfs website, etc., but please forgive me
if it has
already been asked:
My distro(suse 7.3) uses glibc 2.2.4, and i'm attempting to
install
fileutils 4.1 using Linux From Scratch: Version 3.2-rc2(chapter
5).
I can't exactly tell what i should do, maybe its just me but the
instructions seem rather ambiguous. I'm referring to the glibc
sed
patching when having an AMD processor. Now, what i'm wondering
is whether I need to run the sed command. Sometimes the book
seems to be saying 2.2.3 or higher need the patching, other
times it
says you only need to run it if you have 2.2.3. Any hints?
Thanks in advance,
Keith Godin