problem while killing processes when halting or rebooting lfs

Sébastien HINDERER jrf3 at wanadoo.fr
Sun Sep 30 16:19:36 PDT 2001

Hi listers,

  I'm very happy with my newly installed 3.0 LFS.
I've just a little problem:
when I halt or reboot the system, I've the feeling that not every processes
are successfully killed. Indeed, my braille daemon, brltty, that is loaded
before any other script in /etc/init.d/rcS is not killed. Normally, I should
read on my braille display "BRLTTY terminating", but this message does not
appear, so I think the daemon is not killed.
Could someone tell me what I should do, please ?

Best regards, Sebastien.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org