Help! file-3.36

Jim Brewster bardobro at toad.net
Sat Sep 29 07:54:27 PDT 2001

Mark Hymers <markh at linuxfromscratch.org> writes:

> On Sat, 29, Sep, 2001 at 02:53:05AM -0400, Jim Brewster wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Before we go any further, can I check that you are deleting and
> re-unpacking the source trees before re-using them?

Yes I have been compiling from fresh source trees.

I also finally did a kludge-around of this problem, that hopefully
won't cause me more problems. :-P

In the chroot environment I ran 'mkdir /mnt2 /mnt2/lfs' then 'ln -s
/usr /mnt2/lfs/usr' so configure could find the files. So far it has
been working fine. Tell me if this was a bad idea. If so, all I've
lost is time, and maybe gained some knowledge. That's what it's all
about, right?

--
Jim Brewster
bardobro at toad.net