gawk not being found

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 27 19:43:53 PDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 06:13:12PM -0400, Howell Strain wrote:
> I deleted the unpacked ncurses directory and unpacked it again. When I
> re-ran it I did not get any error messages. What's the story? It made a
> different "best" decision?
> When I comiled Linux Kernel in Chp5 I didn't notice some errors. I made it
> all the way to ncurses in Chp6 before I noticed errors. At that point I
> worked out my problem with Linux Kernel in Chp5 and re-ran all the steps
> back up to ncurses where I had problems again?
> When I re-ran all the steps back up to ncurses I did not delete the source
> trees and unpack again.
>
> Do I need to delete and unpack all the source trees for Chp6 and start back
> over at the beginning of the chapter?

I don't think that will be necessary. What exactly was wrong with the
kernel headers? It's not that their contents will be different. So if a
package didn't complain about the kernel headers then there's no reason to
redo such package, unless you face a very weird extreme situation. Of
course if it makes you feel better, by all means redo whatever you want to
do. But I'd just continue and only recompile a package if you experience
problems with it.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org