Ch06 make Segmentation fault

J. Jones jjones at darkside.dynup.net
Thu Sep 27 09:36:00 PDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 02:26:51PM +0200, Uwe Kramer wrote:
> Did it, same results. So it isn't a missing entry in /dev but maybe
> the kernel. I will try it again someday with another kernel.
> Has anybody been able to build 3.0 with kernel-2.4.10 ??

I have twice now with no issues.  It sounds like a pthreads issue to me
(fileutils, make, etc).  Greg Schaefer and I both experienced this at
least once while hunting down the original fileutils segv (from atexit &
gcc).  Rebuilding glibc fixed it for both of us.  We reported it, but it
was written off as a build error.  The --enable-kernel option to glibc's
configure can cause it to fail.  I haven't been able to ever reproduce
this one, though.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org