Network Issues

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Sep 27 08:55:48 PDT 2001

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 04:25:13PM +0100, Timothy Greaves wrote:
> I dunno... I may have enabled it in the kernel. Would that make a huge
> difference? Is it worth me attempting to remove it from the config and
> recompile the kernel?

i'd say if the kernel didn't detect it, it wouldn't load it even if you did
enable it.

> I don't think I have a watchdog card, it is just a dead basic, old Etherteam
> 16i card.

a watchdog card isn't a network card by the way, it's a totally different
hardware component. If you have it, you'd know it most likely.

Uhm what to do about this, i don't know honestly. You should be able to
pint the network card even if there's no cable or somebody else on the
other side of the cable. Perhaps it would do you good to go back to the
kernel config and scrutize it and recompile it just in case.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org