gawk not being found

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 26 07:45:03 PDT 2001

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 07:00:12AM -0400, Howell Strain wrote:
> How do I send the output to file.txt instead of screen?

There are basically two nice ways of doing it:

run a command like ./configure --option > file.txt

this will redirect all standard output to the file.txt file, but errors
will still be printed to the screen. In our case that's fine since it's
just the configure script.

What I consider a nicer way is the following:

./configure --options | tee file.txt

The 'tee' program will both print to the screen and to the file.txt file.
This way you can still see what is going on, how far along the process is,
etc.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org