installing bzip2

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Sep 26 07:42:39 PDT 2001

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 04:29:49PM +0200, ratteman wrote:
> Last week I started building a LFS just to learn more about Linux. For every
> step in the book I want to take, I've to go back five and learn. Now I reached
> a point I'm blocked.
>
> I'm installing on a minimum RH-installation (0.5G) and a LFS (0.7G) on a
> compaq Deskpro with 40M ram and a 166 processor.
>
> Now it seems that after installing Bzip2 the programs that should be moved are
> not installed in $LFS/usr/bin but in /usr/bin instead
>
> Anyone has a clou?

When you typed the commands, did you type $LFS literally? $LFS may not have
been set to /mnt/lfs or wherever your LFS partition is mounted. So either
don't use $LFS, and whereever you read $LFS in the book replace it with
your mount point (this is clearly explained in chapter 2, section "About
$LFS"), or make sure $LFS is always set. You could put it in your
$HOME/.bash_profile and $HOME/.bashrc files.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org