fileutils in chroot

Uwe Kramer krameru at web.de
Tue Sep 25 15:58:29 PDT 2001

On Tuesday 25 September 2001 20:46, you wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 07:12:37PM +0200, Uwe Kramer wrote:
> > The other commands from fileutils work, except shred.
> >
> > Differences to the book:
> >
> > Kernel is 2.4.10, i omited installing locales from glibc,
> > omitted ed + gettext and configure everything (where possible)
> > with --disable-nls.
> >
> > System is Athlon 1GHz, 512 MB RAM.
>
> Very odd.

It's getting (becoming ??) even more odd.

> Did you enable any optimizations when you reinstalled the
> fileutils package in chapter 6?

Yes, i did.
I reinstalled fileutils from outside chroot (statically, with
sed-command) - no problem, /mnt/lfs/bin/ls works.
Then I reinstalled fileutils from inside chroot ( with
optimisations, just for fun) - Segmentation fault.
So I reinstalled fileutils from outside chroot (statically, with
sed-command) - Segmentation fault.
After that I rebooted into windows to do a few car races - I REALLY
want to play such things under Linux - does anybody know about a
good Pinball for Linux ??
Now reinstalled fileutils again from outside chroot (statically,
with sed-command) - no problem, /mnt/lfs/bin/ls works.
Then I reinstalled fileutils from inside chroot ( no optimisations)
- Segmentation fault.

Sorry , this got a bit lengthy, but i hate it when s.th. goes wrong
and I've got no idea how to fix it.
Uwe
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org