Installing lfs 3.0 and glibc-2.2.4 fails to configure due to oldheader files....

Howell Strain whstrain at mindless.com
Tue Sep 25 14:43:49 PDT 2001

Seems you might have run into the same thing I did.

Try to redo the linux header page in Chp5.
Do you get an error at the end referencing the cp command?
Did you follow the beginning of the book when it suggested you create 0-9 &
a-z directories inside the $LFS/usr/src?
If so you may need to hand modify the Linux Kernel script to point to a
directory that exists.
For example, I modified:
cp -a ../src/linux/include/linux . &&
cp -a ../src/l/linux/include/linux . &&

I'm not sure if you can now skip to the beginning of Chp6 or must continue
through Chp5. I did the former. Count yourself lucky. I made it all the way
to Ncurses before I caught it.