Fwd: A new problem with glibc 2.2.4

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Sep 25 11:37:02 PDT 2001

----- Forwarded message from Nicolas FRANCOIS <nicolas.francois at free.fr> -----

From: Nicolas FRANCOIS (AKA El Bofo) <nicolas.francois at free.fr>
To: Liste LFS-discuss <lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org>
Subject: A new problem with glibc 2.2.4
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:52:05 +0200

While doing the make install, I get this error, which looks related to
PERL variable set to no. Did I trolled on the script, or has it been
encoutered ?

I'm doing a recompile (1 and half hour :-((( to make sure I made it right.
And I GO TO BED ;-)

make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.4/manual'
pwd=`pwd`; \
no libm-err-tab.pl $pwd/.. > libm-err-tmp
/bin/sh: no: command not found
make[2]: *** [stamp-libm-err] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.4/manual'
make[1]: *** [manual/subdir_install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/glibc-2.2.4'
make: *** [install] Error 2

Beurk. I hate this. Especially on Glibc.

\bye

PS : BTW, I now know why I didn't see my messages any more : I sent them
to the wrong address (lfs-support, if this exists). Hope this one is
right.

--

                   Nicolas FRANCOIS
            http://nicolas.francois.free.fr