Trouble compiling Glibc 2.2.4 : solved.

Nicolas FRANCOIS (AKA El Bofo) nicolas.francois at free.fr
Mon Sep 24 16:41:42 PDT 2001

Clearly, this 3.0 LFS is much more sensitive to optimization than the
preceding ones (think it's all those new versions of glibc and gcc). Now
that I disabled opt COMPLETLY, it worked.

Another possible cause : I tried to use kernel 2.4.9. Don't think it would
have made a difference, but I got back to 2.4.8.

So all I had to do was to read ALL THOSE WARNINGS in the book. So much
time lost due to hurriness :-(((

\bye

--

                   Nicolas FRANCOIS