Again : Glibc 2.2.4

Nicolas FRANCOIS (AKA El Bofo) nicolas.francois at free.fr
Mon Sep 24 14:39:18 PDT 2001

Le Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:52:29 -0400
Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> a ecrit :

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 08:50:36PM +0200, Nicolas FRANCOIS wrote:
> > Sorry to disturb you again, but I just realized that the reply-to for
my
please
> > if you posted an answer, could you be kind enough to post it again ?
> >
> > I'd like to know when I can create a personal account. Just after the
end
> > of the book ? I've been working on my LFS box for a while now, and I
need
> > non-root account to make sure I don't make any destructive mistake
while
> > working.
>
> use the 'useradd' program that's part of the shadow package. That
program
> will create a new user, it's home directory and all that.

This was not exactly my question : I wanted to know which permissions to
set for a nonroot user to use the hardware. But as usual, you're right,
this is a question for lfs-apps. Thx anyway for the answer. What puzzles
me is that you answered my message, but I didn't even get it back from the
list !

More urgent : building a new LFS system, my installation fails on Glibc.
During configuration, it hangs on determining some size_t size (???). Then
activity goes down to zero, but I don't get hand back.

Any explanation ?

> either way, the alsa question belongs on blfs-support

Sure

Thx.

--

                   Nicolas FRANCOIS