make menuconfig confusion

Debian User lfs17 at home.com
Sun Sep 23 14:13:23 PDT 2001

I am using the script from the 2.4.5 version of the lfs book, 3.0 pre 4

I tried to rebuild the kernel by running the script in chap 8.  But no
changes
were made to the kernel, or at least the changes I wanted.  And then
when
I run make menuconfig again it
does not remember the changes I made.  When I am in menuconfig I hit esc

esc and then it asks
me if I want to accept changes and I answer yes.  It seems that it must
be
reading
from a different file that it is writing to, and then make bzImage is
reading from the
unchanged config file.   Or something else I do not understand is going
on.  Looking in
the Docs for the fix here leaves my eyes glazed.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org