Network Issues

Timothy Greaves tim at greavest.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 12:15:26 PDT 2001

I have successfully installed my LFS 3.0-RC1 system except for a couple of
small problems. The main one of these involves my network.

For some strange reason, I can't get my LFS box to communicate over my
network. I checked the settings I have in my ifcfg-eth0 file, and have also
run ifconfig to display all the details of the connection, and they match my
working Redhat system perfectly. But whenever I try to ping another machine
from LFS, it just times out.

Has anyone got any ideas where I should start to look, and apologies for it
being a bit of a newbie question.

Thanks

Tim Greaves
tim at greavest.co.uk