glibc making trouble !!

Luqman Munawar Luqman.m at web.de
Wed Oct 31 07:33:45 PST 2001

take into account that linux kernel from the book is 2.4.8 which I also used....

Luqman

lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org schrieb am 31.10.01:
hello,

I am having probs installing glibc on my system. After being unable to solve the problem even with help ppl on irc I installed the whole system again from scratch.

I am using lfs 3.0 and have chrooted to lfs directory.

Now, as I try to install glibc it is making probs again. I receive following error message (not the whole message included):

running configure fragment for ../glibc-2.2.4/linuxthreads/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux
running configure fragment for ../glibc-2.2.4/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux
checking installed Linux kernel header files... TOO OLD!
configure: error: GNU libc requires kernel header files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later to be installed before configuring.
The kernel header files are found usually in /usr/include/asm and
/usr/include/linux; make sure these directories use files from
Linux 2.0.10 or later.  This check uses <linux/version.h>, so
make sure that file was built correctly when installing the kernel header
files.  To use kernel headers not from /usr/include/linux, use the
configure option --with-headers.

I just copied and pasted everything this time from the book to avoid any typos. Will the installation of kernel help?

thanx,

Luqman

Lotto online tippen! Egal zu welcher Zeit, egal von welchem Ort.
Mit dem WEB.DE Lottoservice. http://tippen2.web.de/?x=13

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org