LFS and PAM

Dirk Heinrichs heinrichs at qis-systemhaus.de
Sun Oct 28 23:11:21 PST 2001

Bryan K. Lawrence wrote:

>I'm running LFS with PAM, but I installed it after everything else.  I
>think once PAM was in that I re-compiled the shadow stuff.  Also, if you

I'll try this later, it didn't work for me when trying to do it at LFS
install.

>use KDE, then KDE should be recompiled too.

Hehe, KDE will shurely be a nightmare on the Amiga ;-)

>For a new system, then I would suggest installing PAM before shadow.

This is what I did. I first installed PAM (including libpam.a), then
configured shadow with --with-libpam and also copied the sample configs
from <shadow>/etc/pam.d to $LFS/etc/pam.d, then tried to set the root
password, I think I got "permission denied" and also "login root" failed
with "Login incorrect" without any prompt appearing.

So I recompiled shadow once again w/o PAM support, just to finish
installation.

Do you remember what you did exactly to get it working.

Bye...

    Dirk

--
Dirk Heinrichs		| Tel:	+49 (0)241 413 260
Configuration Manager	| Fax:	+49 (0)241 413 2640
QIS Systemhaus GmbH	| Mail:	dheinrichs at qis-systemhaus.de
Jülicher Str. 338b	| Web:	http://www.qis-systemhaus.de
D-52070 Aachen		| ICQ#:	110037733

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org