checkfs bootscript error

Seth W. Klein sklein at mint.net
Sun Oct 28 18:40:43 PST 2001

Jeroen Coumans wrote:

> From: "Debian User" <lfs17 at home.com>
>
> > <snip>
> >
> > This leaves me wondering what is /dev/rtc and why does it need to be deleted?
> > Also, I could not find real time clock support in menuconfig.
>
> It's used by different programs for getting the bios clock. At least hwclock
> uses it. Check /usr/src/linux/Documentation/rtc.txt for more info.
> It's located under Character devices in make menuconfig -> Enhanced Real
> Time Clock support.

I have added this information the the FAQ item. Thanks, Jeroen, for
posting it.
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/faq/#char-major-10-135

cheers,
Seth W. "sklein" Klein
--
sklein at mint.net                          http://members.mint.net/sklein/
   They live on the edge?  I live hanging from my safty harness rope.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org