Double PS/2 ports

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 28 09:07:46 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Berglund" <tetsu at home.se>
To: <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2001 12:24 PM
Subject: Double PS/2 ports

> Hi,
>
> I'm having some problems with my LFS, you see I have two PS/2 ports on my
> motherboard; one for the keyboard and one for the mouse. Now, the problem
> appears when I try to run X.
> First of all, I don't know which device in /dev to use for the pointer.
> There is one called
> "psaux" but when I try it and start X, my keyboard is activated to the
> pointer. This means, I
> can't halt the computer because once I hit the keyboard the pointer flies
> around the screen in a
> strange way.
>
> I've parallell installed Mandrake and it seems to be using a device called
> /dev/mouse  (or /dev/psmouse, can't remember which). Any sudgestions what
> can do?
>
> ///Martin
Take a look at Mandrake's /etc/X11/XF86Config and see which devices it sets
up for your mouse and keyboard. Then, do a 'ls -l' on the mentioned devices,
so you see the real location (instead of the symlinks), and use these
devices on your LFS XF86Config.
I'm not sure, but I'm guessing /dev/psmouse for your mouse and /dev/psaux
for your keyboard.. But please try the above for sure.
HTH
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org