Double PS/2 ports

Martin Berglund tetsu at home.se
Sun Oct 28 03:24:08 PST 2001

Hi,

I'm having some problems with my LFS, you see I have two PS/2 ports on my
motherboard; one for the keyboard and one for the mouse. Now, the problem
appears when I try to run X.
First of all, I don't know which device in /dev to use for the pointer.
There is one called
"psaux" but when I try it and start X, my keyboard is activated to the
pointer. This means, I
can't halt the computer because once I hit the keyboard the pointer flies
around the screen in a
strange way.

I've parallell installed Mandrake and it seems to be using a device called
/dev/mouse  (or /dev/psmouse, can't remember which). Any sudgestions what I
can do?

///Martin

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org