Bootscript troubles

Sanjuro Europe sanjuro_e at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 12:34:29 PDT 2001

I build my system using LFS 3.0-pre4 and today I upgraded the
bootscripts to 3.0 final. This is part of what I see at boot-up:

> Setting clock...modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-10-135

> INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
> Starting system log daemon...
> Starting kernel log daemon...klogd: Already running.
>
> Bringing up eth0 interface...eth0: Setting half-duplex based based on auto-negotiated partner ability 0000.
>
> Setting up routing for eth0 interface...task `ifconfig' exit_signal 17 in repar?nt_to_init

I have to day that that modprobe and half-duplex appeared since the
first time I booted, but the klogd and ifconfig errors are new.

Gerard, you promised me no issues. Can someone help me fix this?

TIA

Sanjuro

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org