boot trouble with sysvinit

Franz Reinhardt fre at wenglor.de
Wed Oct 24 07:26:51 PDT 2001

Hello,

I installed lfs on a harddisk using a PIII machine. I installed lilo on a
floppy for booting. I had no trouble to boot the system.

Then I took both floppy and harddisk to a 486 system with 32 MB RAM (embedded
system on chip) which booted well with a SuSE 6.4.

Booting the kernel was no problem until it hangs showing:
INIT version 2.83 booting

I compiled sysvinit static using the -m486 flag to ensure that's no cpu
problem. Any ideas to fix this ?

Thanks in advance

Franz

--

----wenglor(R)----sensors for your success----------
Franz Reinhardt                               wenglor sensoric gmbh
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org