which files/scripts are executed while su to root !!

Luqman Munawar Luqman.m at web.de
Tue Oct 23 20:59:59 PDT 2001

well, the output of the command: "locate .bashrc" is "/etc/skel/.bashrc " and ofcourse home directories of all users.

Question: when is this script executed? it is not executed when i switch to root, is it?

what I find strange is that "su -" works fine without any complain and I do not encounter any other error or misbehaviour of the system.

I am a bit confused since there must be a script that is executed when I switch to root.

can someone enlighten me on this please?!!

Luqman

Für ganz Eilige: Lotto per Quicktipp! Klick und weg!
Einfach und bequem: WEB.DE Lottoservice! http://tippen2.web.de/?x=6

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org