gcc 3.0

Gregory Davis gdavis7 at umbc.edu
Tue Oct 23 09:47:38 PDT 2001

Anders Widman wrote:
> Well, I have been testing GCC 3.0 a little and found that many programs do
> not work properly if compiled with it.

Is that the fault of the compiler being too strict, or the coder being too
lax in their C/C++ standards?  I don't use 3.0.x for this reason, but I
here it has a flag (-89) that defaults back to the 2.95.x behavior
(presumeably based on ANSI standards from 1989).  What is the status of
C++?  When was the last ANSI revision?

Greg

--
"I will share all with you whenever you wish
and do so without ambition, from which I am more exempt
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org