which files/scripts are executed while su to root !!

Luqman Munawar Luqman.m at web.de
Mon Oct 22 11:31:30 PDT 2001

Friends,

I am going to build LFS as it seems to be very interesting and challenging and I love challenges.

But right in the beginning when I startedreading the LFS book, I have a question, hope someone can help me.

In LFS book it is recommended to set a variable $LFS in order to make life easier while accessing LFS directory. It is said to add it to one of the following files root/.bash_profile and/or /root so that variable is set every time when I switch to root.

But I did not find any of the following files on my Suse 7.1. Can anybody tell me what other scrips are executed when I switch to root.

Thank you for bearing my newbie question,

Luqman

IhrName at web.de, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org