tar and rmt

Erika Pacholleck pchllck at nexgo.de
Mon Oct 22 09:21:00 PDT 2001

When reading the docs in the tar sources, I came across this:
we intall --libexecdir=/usr/bin for rmt but the info mentions
that the /etc/rmt is started.

As there is nothing mentioned about an /etc/rmt being the
config file but said it is started, I guess that in ancient
times this was maybe placed there.

Now src/rtapelib.c:(18,2068,)302,459,462 mention /etc/rmt and
the last 3 positions seem to hardcode this (at least what me-
no-programer guesses from that).

Has anyone ever tested rmt and it works like we do? Or does
this maybe need any correction? I would of course prefer a
simple it's ok this way. ;)

Thanks.
--
Erika Pacholleck <pchllck at nexgo.de> @@ -18,9 +18,12 @@ -p+pa -h+ho -c+ec