FYI: About to install LFS on Amiga

Dirk Heinrichs heinrichs at qis-systemhaus.de
Sun Oct 21 23:31:16 PDT 2001

Matthias Benkmann wrote:

>>Hmm, but I'm allready in the chroot environment, so when I do the
>>ncurses build, I can't access anything from the "host" distribution
>>anymore.
>>

>Just use a different terminal. Where's the problem?

No problem, but as I said above, anything needed to resolve dependancies
should be inside chroot. Anyway, I "solved" the problem by leaving the
shell which was opened after glibc installation, did a "make clean",
tried to build ncurses again and it worked (still inside chroot).

After thtis, no further problem came up, and I have now build everything
up to perl. The remaining packages will follow the next few days.

A warning for those wanting to replace mawk with gawk (3.1.0): It seems
that configure is fails to correctly identify "sys/sockets.h" inside the
chroot. On the host distro, it works fine, so I configured it outside
chroot and did the build inside.

Bye...

    Dirk

--
Dirk Heinrichs		| Tel:	+49 (0)241 413 260
Configuration Manager	| Fax:	+49 (0)241 413 2640
QIS Systemhaus GmbH	| Mail:	dheinrichs at qis-systemhaus.de
Jülicher Str. 338b	| Web:	http://www.qis-systemhaus.de
D-52070 Aachen		| ICQ#:	110037733

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org