init does'nt start, probllem solved

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Fri Oct 19 12:01:20 PDT 2001

On 19 Oct 2001, at 18:12, rudy vancaudenberg wrote:

> Thanks everyone,
>
> Indeed for some dark reason sysvinit wasn't installed on my lfspartition.
> Reinstalling helped the case, so I'm booting fine now.
>
> And then I tryd to login as root.....impossible . Am I right there is a
> lack in the book about this password not copied from original system to lfs
> or is it just me not reading well???

Right before chapter 7 begins:

Creating root password

   Choose a password for user root and create it by running the following
   command:

 passwd root

MSB

----
The real art of conversation
is not only to say the right thing at the right time,
but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org