Odd command in fileutils install

Jason M'Sadoques jsado at mediaone.net
Tue Oct 16 15:48:47 PDT 2001

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:41:32 +0200 Matthias Benkmann <matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:

> On 16 Oct 2001, at 18:31, Jason M'Sadoques wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:22:06 +0200 Matthias Benkmann
> > <matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:

> > > man ln
> > >
> > > MSB
> > I know that ln is used to create symlinks. I did not question that aspect
> > of the command. The question that I posed is if in fact the second argument
> > to the command, specifically "_" is correct.
>
> There is no underscore in the plaintext version of the book that I use so
> I assumed you meant it as emphasis of the empty space. If there is an
> underscore in your book (what format do you use) it's a bug. The command
> is supposed to be
>
> ln -sf ../../bin/install
AHA! There's the problem. I'm using the PDF version and the _ turned out to be a blip. If I went to the next page and back,
the blip stays there, but if I zoom out and back in it dissappeared. So I guess the bug is in xpdf.
Thanks for your help, and next time I'll verify odd looking commands against the plaintext version.

--
MACINTOSH = Machine Always Crashes If Not The Operating System Hangs
"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code." - Dave Olson

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org