Odd command in fileutils install

Jason M'Sadoques jsado at mediaone.net
Tue Oct 16 15:31:04 PDT 2001

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:22:06 +0200 Matthias Benkmann <matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:

> On 16 Oct 2001, at 18:17, Jason M'Sadoques wrote:
>
> > I am wondering what this command in the fileutils install is for, as it's
> > not explained in the Command Explinations section: ln -sf ../../bin/install
> > _ Is this correct? I would have though it should be more like ln -sf
> > ../../bin/install install
>
> man ln
>
> MSB
I know that ln is used to create symlinks. I did not question that aspect of the command.
The question that I posed is if in fact the second argument to the command, specifically "_" is correct. I Also stated that
this command, unlike every other command up to this point in the book that is new, is not documented in the Command
Explinations section. So even if I "man ln" it doesn't tell my why this command is used in this particular manner in this
particular instance.

--
MACINTOSH = Machine Always Crashes If Not The Operating System Hangs
"Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code." - Dave Olson

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org