has glibc info changed?

Erika Pacholleck pchllck at nexgo.de
Tue Oct 16 10:28:23 PDT 2001

[15.10.01 00:28 +0200] Matthias Benkmann <-- :
> My old LFS 2.4 does not have entries for C library functions in the top-
> level dir but my LFS 3.0 seems to have them. Is this normal?
> In other words:
>
> Does `info fork'
>
> return an info page or a manpage on an LFS 3.0 system?
> It returns a manpage on my LFS 2.4 but an info page on LFS 3.0. I just
> want to make sure this is related to changes in glibc and not some screwup
> during my build process.

Not sure what you meant with LFS 2.4, so just give you the ones I have:
lfs-REO2: glibc-2.2.1 info fork = info page man fork = man page (differ)
lfs-RUNE3: glibc-2.2.4 same (this is in-work CVS)

info fork here is glibc.info Node: creating a process up: processes
followed up has the entries at the bottom and up: top
follwoed to has the entry at 2nd page, middle for processes
man has has just short explanation, about 2 pages.

Hope this is what you needed.
--
Erika Pacholleck <pchllck at nexgo.de> @@ -18,9 +18,12 @@ -p+pa -h+ho -c+ec
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org