lfs won't boot

rudy vancaudenberg lfsrudy at gmx.net
Tue Oct 16 05:05:07 PDT 2001

Hello,

Just finished building lfs-3.0 on a RH 7.1 system but while booting it seems
to hang after the message "Uncompressing Linux .... Ok, booting the Kernel."
Is it possible that it won't boot because the lfs-system is build in a
logical partition? I know it's a problem for other OSses, but thought Linux could
handle that.??

When installing the kernel I just followed teh script although I know i'm
working on a i585 computer (couldn't find what to change in the readmefile)
May this be the reason?

See you,
Rudy

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org