Suggestien for the sendsignals bootscript

Sébastien HINDERER jrf3 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 15 11:05:54 PDT 2001

Hi listers,

  A few days ago, I posted a message explaining that my braille daemon was
not terminating properly when rebooting or halting the system. Since I
understood why, and here is my explanation: in the sendsignals script, I
think there should be a delay between the TERM and KILL signals are sent, to
let processes the time to die gracefully.
I've checked, on Debian and Slackware, they do a "sleep" between TERM and
KILL. I think LFS should do the same. Maybe, 3-5 seconds would be a
reasonable delay.
Best regards, Sebastien.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org