FYI: About to install LFS on Amiga

Dirk Heinrichs heinrichs at qis-systemhaus.de
Sun Oct 14 23:10:08 PDT 2001

Dirk Heinrichs wrote:

>Hello,
>
>just wanted to let you know that I have just begun to install LFS on my
>old Amiga. I will present a little summary and possible pitfalls when
>done.

OK, I'm in chroot now and this night glibc build completed successfully
(took about 16 hours).

Problems so far: gcc didn't build unless I left out --enable-threads
configure option. With this option, genattr always failed. Any clues why
this happens?

I've also set C(XX)FLAGS to "-g0 -O2 -m68060", no problems with this so
far (wasn't brave enough to use -O3, though)

I expect to run into problems with 2.4.x kernel, because up to 2.4.9, I
wasn't able to build a booting kernel for Amiga on the installed
Debian/m68k 2.2. So for now I will stick to 2.2.17 sources from debian,
which cause no problems.

I hope to complete installation by the end of this week.

Bye...

    Dirk

--
Dirk Heinrichs		| Tel:	+49 (0)241 413 260
Configuration Manager	| Fax:	+49 (0)241 413 2640
QIS Systemhaus GmbH	| Mail:	dheinrichs at qis-systemhaus.de
Jülicher Str. 338b	| Web:	http://www.qis-systemhaus.de
D-52070 Aachen		| ICQ#:	110037733

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org