About to install LFS on Amiga

Seth W. Klein sklein at mint.net
Sun Oct 14 09:02:08 PDT 2001

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 02:14:46PM -0500, Dustin Cook wrote:
>
> > <snip>
> >
> > You're munging the reply-to header changing it to
> > lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org instead of the sender's e-mail address.
> >
> > http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
> >
> > That's a good reference on why you shouldn't munge headers. You can find
> > more by searching Google.
>
> Ah that, yes i know all about it. I'm munging the headers on purpose and am
> well aware of the bad things about it. I just hate getting double emails
> becuase replies to me _and_ the mailing list,

For those (not Gerard) looking for a proper solution,
http://pm-doc.sourceforge.net/pm-tips-body.html#178 documents filtering
duplicate messages based on message id using procmail.

It is worth noting that on high traffic lists some people need to
receive the direct mail because they may not see the message sent
to the list.

> <snip>

cheers,
Seth W. "sklein" Klein
--
sklein at mint.net                          http://members.mint.net/sklein/
   They live on the edge?  I live hanging from my safty harness rope.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org