bash 2.04 compiling error

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 12 10:22:30 PDT 2001

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 07:20:28PM +0200, luca de filippis wrote:
> hi, my name is luca.
> i like the idea behind lfs, so i decided to try with lfs 2.4.4.
> i immediatly face a problem with bash 2.04, copying what written in chap
> 5. this is the error:

Please download LFS-3.0 or the latest CVS. There are a _lot_ of bug fixes
in the LFS-3.0 version.

Most important, you should install bash-2.05 and not 2.04 (LFS-3.0 has the
proper instructions to install Bash-2.05)

I do not know whether or not bash-2.05 fixes the problems you just
reported, but it's worth a try.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org