About to install LFS on Amiga

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 11 14:48:56 PDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 02:14:46PM -0500, Dustin Cook wrote:
> Go
> > > >
> > > Yep, not so nice.
> >
> > Which headers are you talking about?
>
> You're munging the reply-to header changing it to
> lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org instead of the sender's e-mail address.

> That's a good reference on why you shouldn't munge headers. You can find
> more by searching Google.

Ah that, yes i know all about it. I'm munging the headers on purpose and am
well aware of the bad things about it. I just hate getting double emails
becuase replies to me _and_ the mailing list, or much worse, people reply
and the replies go to the write personally and not back to the list where
it's supposed to go.

I know there's the occasional case where you don't want to reply to the
list. But that's really quite seldom so I chose to do some munging. If
nothing else, it makes _my_ life easier, and it helps having this power to
do what I want ;o)

Yes, i know this all doens't encourage development of proper mailers, etc,
etc. Not everybody has a proper mailer, and until they become more common
place I'll keep on munging ;)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org