Difference between CVS and Normal LFS

Vijay Ananth.K industeqsite at industeqsite.com
Thu Oct 11 00:32:09 PDT 2001

Dear Sir,
	I am a new entrant to LFS and this is my second mail to the support. When I
read the forward written by Mr. Gerard Beekmans, I almost felt it is mine. I
want to participate and contribute to this LFS also. As a first step of
participation I have started the activities to install my own shinny LFS.

	I recently downloaded the LFS Ver 3.0 from one of your mirror ftp site. But
in the same ftp site I found a similar directory called CVS. What is the
difference between these two packages. And also advice me which package I
should use now. What is the expansion of CVS.

	And the glibc-crypt-2.1.tar.gz is having some license related read me. Can
I use the software (I have already downloaded), if so which is version
should I download to use with LFS Ver 3.0

Please advice and reply me immediately

Regards and my salute to LFS
Vijay Ananth K