no job control in this shell

Jeroen Coumans jeroencoumans at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 16:10:17 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "DrJekyll" <DrJekyll at web.de>
To: <lfs-support at linuxfromscratch.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 10:31 PM
Subject: no job control in this shell

> Hi
>
> I still got the same error with the line: exec /bin/bash --login
> The error appeared during the installation of glibc-2.2.4. Before the
> installation of LFS-3.0 the partition was formatted. I attached the
> log-files for you.
> What went wrong??
>
> Thank you

I noticed this:
/bin/install: invalid user `o'
When you applied the sed's to change the name from root, you typed o
instead of 0 (zero).  Make sure you follow the instructions exactly
(copy
and paste will rule out typo's). Dunno if this will solve your problem,
but
it's a step in the right direction anyway.
HTH
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org