Unable to setup the base system

Indus Teqsite Pvt. Ltd industeqsite at industeqsite.com
Wed Oct 10 03:02:52 PDT 2001

Dear Sir,
	I am new to this user group. I recently downloaded the lfs ver 3.0 archive
from the ftp site and started using it. As mentioned in your document, I
installed a working version of Redhat Ver 7.1 and created and formatted a
partition for installing the lfs ver 3.0. As a first step I wanted to get
the bash login. So I created all the necessary directories, I copied the
existing /dev directory to the $lfs(/mnt/hda6) partition. I compiled the
sysVinit, bash and created the (/etc) passwd, group and inittab in the
respective directories. I updated the lilo.conf file to boot the root
/dev/hda6.
Now, I rebooted the system and selected to boot my new lfs. The kernel
booted successfully and it reported the following error. Please advice on
solving this problem, because I am not able to proceed further.

Environment
Intel Celeron 500Mhz with 128MB RAM, CD-ROM etc..

Problem
Unable to finish the basic installation

The errors
sulogin: unable to open password database!
sulogin: unable to open password database!
sulogin: unable to open password database!
sulogin: unable to open password database! ...

If I press ctrl+alt+del it is saying there is no proceess..etc.

Reply me immediately, Thank you in advance

Regards
Vijay Ananth K
Engineer - Software

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org