losing confidence in lfs

Matt Harrington narse at underachiever.2y.net
Tue Oct 9 19:24:04 PDT 2001

on 10/9/01 21:51, Jesse McCrosky at mccrosky at ualberta.ca wrote:

> Specifically which packages are giving
> you problems and what errors are you getting?

The packages I'v been unable to compile completely on my 601 are glibc
(might be able to fix this on my own), ncurses (gcc complains about castinc
and dies abruptly), and util-linux (tries to compile x86 code, worked around
it).  I can't get to the system so I can't post the errors right now but if
you look, i'v mentioned the glibc error twice before.  I used pre compiled
glibc 2.1.something and ncurses and all is good cept for the login part.
agetty doesn't grab a terminal and/or call login so its only useable in
single user.
In compiling util-linux, it stumbles across some x86 assembly and chokes on
it.  If I am the only one having problems with that then maybe it isn't
detecting my platform right?  Any ideas?
    -matt harrington

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org