Printing Bootscript error messages to file

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 9 10:12:14 PDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 10:11:53PM -0500, Debian User wrote:
> dmesg does not print the error messages.  I would think that there should

dmesg prints the output from the kernel.

> be some easy way to print out bootscript error messages.  Are not the error
> messages
> are more important than the regular messages?

They are, the scripts just aren't great at the moment to capture this
properly. Especially if your file systems aren't mounted yet in read-write
mode, there's simply nowhere to write the output to. So you're going to
have to write it down in that case on a piece of paper or something like
that.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org