Link problem with shadow-4.0.0

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl
Mon Oct 8 18:56:35 PDT 2001

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, scott wrote:

> Hi. I think I have encountered an error in src/Makefile (or perhaps
> lib/Makefile or configure?). I receive the following error when trying
> to link src/.libs/groups:
>
> gcc -ffast-math -mpentium -s -o .libs/groups groups.o  -L/usr/lib
> ../libmisc/.libs/libmisc.so ../lib/.libs/libshadow.so -lcrypt
> /ilbld/spec2/tmp/shadow-4.0.0/libmisc/.libs/libmisc.so
> ../libmisc/.libs/libmisc.so: undefined reference to `utent'
> ../libmisc/.libs/libmisc.so: undefined reference to `pwent'
> ../libmisc/.libs/libmisc.so: undefined reference to `FascistCheck'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [groups] Error 1
>
> I can add "-lcrack" to find the reference to "FascistCheck", but I
> have not yet found symbols for utent/pwent.

It is known problem. Sorry but current version have only useable
configuration with PAM enabled. With PAM enabled You dont't need cracklib
support (cracklib checking can be performed by pam_cracklib
module). If You want/can fix this - be welcome.

For fix linking with FascistCheck symbol You must add in
libmisc/Makefile.am:

libmisc_la_LIBS = $(LIBCRACK)

afyer this is neccessary automake files by "automake -a -c".

My main goal for 4.0.0 was fixing all PAM related things. All other cases
was lover prority.

kloczek
*Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*
Tomasz Kłoczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: kloczek at rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl*

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org