Problem mounting after unclean shutdown

Adam Ottley aottley at home.com
Mon Oct 8 18:02:46 PDT 2001

I've had a couple of recent unclean shutdowns due to work on power lines in
the area, and each time my LFS 3.0 system booted up ungracefully afterwards.
When it boots up, it tries to mount the filesystems but reports that they're
already mounted.  I can fix it by booting to another Linux install, mounting
my LFS system and clearing /etc/mtab, but it's a pain.  The bootscripts I'm
using came from the .tar.bz2 package on the FTP site.  Any ideas?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org