losing confidence in lfs

Eric Olinger eric at supertux.com
Mon Oct 8 14:38:48 PDT 2001

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 02:40:40PM -0400, Matt Harrington wrote:
> i am quickly losing my confidence in lfs.  i was under the understanding
> that lfs was more adaptable because not only could i customize things with
> the help of lfs documentation, but i could do it on many systems.  however,
> i'm finding many of the tarballs from lfs contain ix86 asm meaning that
> they'r useless to me being a mac user.  are there any other mac users out
> there that have a comment or could offer some help?

I had very few problems compiling LFS for my G3. Just followed all the
directions minux the bin86 of course and had to work around the whole patch
problem. Besides that everything went smoothly. All the base packages for
linux *should* compile for almost all the platforms that liunux itself does.

--
Eric Olinger
<eric at supertux.com>

"Beware of paper. It is the death certificate of your data."
                           Mike Gancarz, The UNIX Philosophy
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org