Error when booting

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 5 12:04:49 PDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 06:52:09PM +0200, Nils Magnus Eide Englund wrote:
> Thanks to Gerard, I got far enough with my LFS system to boot it.
> However, when I try to log in after booting it up, I get this error:
>
> Unable to change tty /dev/tty1: No such file or directory
>
> Any suggestions? I ran the MAKEDEV script as described, tty1
> is there and with permissions set to 666.

It may have something to do that the mountfs script didn't work properly
and the root file system wasn't mounted in read-write mode.

The other reason could be that /dev/tty1 doesn't exist but you said it
does, so we'll assume the file is allright for now.

Check mountfs, see if you got the message "Remounting root file system in
read-write mode..."

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org