Gcc version not found

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 5 12:01:14 PDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 08:32:02PM +0200, rudy vancaudenberg wrote:
> Thanks Geerard for the advice. I'll have to waite till monday to continue.
> The place is closed.
>
> Still there's another question going trough my mind. Encoutering problems
> its always good to read files like INSTALL,README, ....and other. The only way
> I know for the moment is to use cat which I find to basic. Is there a better
> one or do I have to wait until a editor is installed.

you can always read documentation on a different terminal outside chroot
and use your favorite editor or pager. A 'pager' is a program which allows
you to page through a file without making any changes. The less program is
one of the most common ones used these days.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org