Building on LFS

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Oct 5 06:26:50 PDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 07:18:38AM +0200, Frank Schafer wrote:
> I can't post to lfs-dev ( I'm not a member of this list. ).

You can post to the list anyways, just let us know to CC: you.

> Thanks for the quick reply ( and help ). It's realy IT. The reason was the
> ''strip --strip-unneeded'' mentioned in pre-3. This in fact leaves all
> static libs unuseable. So I'll have to rebuild everything, that built static
> libs.

I thought you said you used pre4. Perhaps I"m just high on coffee this
morning.

Actually you don't have to re-build your entire system, there's an upgrade
hint http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/lfs-3.0pre3-upgrade.txt to
overcome the problems caused by pre3's stripping.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org