Gcc version not found

rudy vancaudenberg lfsrudy at gmx.net
Fri Oct 5 03:29:50 PDT 2001

Hello,

I reached the point off installing software on the chrooted part off my
lfs-system. While running the commands to install Glibc-2.2.4 the action stops at
the point where there seems to be something wrong with gcc.(followed exact
instruction in 3.O book)
The version number can't be found according to the output on the screen. I
checked the file /usr/include/linux/version.h and nothing seems to be wrong
there.
Entering gcc or cpp after the prompt , bash tells there is no such file.
Funny enough when I reboot and enter $LFS/usr/bin/gcc or cpp there's no problem.

anybody encountered that problem before or has advice to solve the problem

thanks
Rudy

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org